Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It all goes back in the box.

This morning I came across this in my last Moleskine. It's from church this August. For context, it was the moment they were about to collect the tithe:

"What if, while you were playing Monopoly, whenever you gave away money, someone would put real money in a real account for you, and you were the only one who knew this? Would this change how you played the game? Remember that at the end of the game, all the money goes back in the box. It's worthless in reality. You can't take it with you when you're done playing, no matter how much you earned or saved."

I think the Scriptural basis for this, or one of them, can be found in Philippians chapter 4. Paul thanks the Philippians for sending him aid and gifts, then says, "...not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account." (4:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment